Online training without leaving your office or home.
With a computer, internet access and speakers or a telephone, you can attend a web-based class conducted LIVE using GoToWebinar.
Register online here and use a credit card. Once your registration has been processed, you will receive an emailed confirmation with the webinar link.
To join the webinar, click the registration link and register for the webinar.
Cost: $10 for members and $20 for non-members. All of the webinars are one hour.
"INTO THE WEEDS" - THE LITTLE THINGS THAT CAN MAKE OR BREAK YOUR CONSTRUCTION PROJECT, presented by Susan McGreevy, Stinson Leonard Street LLP
Description: This webinar will talk about items beyond price, scope and schedule that can trip up a public construction project. Included will be:
- Testing and inspecting engineers - what can you really rely on, and how to use them effectively
- When are you required by law to have surety bonds, and when might you want them even if not required? Does it make a difference what bond form you use?
- Partial occupancy - how does taking over part of a project affect all remaining obligations, and what can you do to keep your protections?
- The municipality's obligations on Prevailing wages - how far do you have to go to comply with the current law?
- Insurance - what proof do you need? Is a Certificate of Insurance enough?
- Incorporating Missouri workforce safely training requirements
- Incorporating Missouri worker eligibility requirements
Will qualify for 1 hour of Public Works Contracting credit for the Municipal Governance Institute (*MGI).
Contact: Emily Koenigsfeld, Event and Training Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-635-9134