MML Review Magazine - Current Issue
The Missouri Municipal Review is the official magazine of the Missouri Municipal League and has been published continuously since 1935. It is designed to meet the needs and interests of municipal officials in Missouri. The League currently is composed of more than 675 member municipalities.
The Review is published bi-monthly (six times) each year and is edited for those local officials actively engaged in the procurement of products and services, policy-making, and local government administration.
The Review is produced in both print and digital formats. Annual subscription for non-members is $30.
Special issues published each year:
- January - Economic Development
- May - Public Works
- July - Pre-Conference
The remaining issues are not subject-oriented; they are a combination of articles on timely issues.
Click here for information regarding advertising in the Missouri Municipal Review. Please contact the editor with any additional questions.
Guidelines for Submitting Articles Submitting Information
The Missouri Municipal League welcomes articles for publication in its official publication, The Missouri Municipal Review. Contributory information from member municipal officials, legislators, consultants, MML staff and others is necessary to maintain the magazine's high quality editorial content.
Articles- The Missouri Municipal Review editorial board reviews all articles and determines if an article will be published. The editorial board reserves the right to edit accepted articles to conform to the League's style and usage.
- Content -- The Missouri Municipal Review is published for local government officials; therefore, articles written or co-authored by a member official are preferred.
We encourage firms providing services and products for municipalities to submit articles; however, all articles are required to be educational to members rather than advertorial. Articles are reviewed by the Review editorial board and may be edited.
- Format -- Microsoft Word file. May be e-mailed.
- Length -- Short articles usually are two to three, double-spaced pages. Longer articles usually are five to six, double-spaced pages. (1,500-2,000 words)
- Photos -- Photos are welcomed. Include identifying caption with photographs. Photos may be submitted by e-mail as JPG, EPS or TIFF file format for Windows-PC. Minimum resolution 300 dpi.
- Credits -- Authors are recognized by a byline giving the person's full name, and each article is concluded with a brief biographical statement (vitae) of the author's professional credentials and affiliations and contact information.
For information regarding proposed articles or upcoming issues, please contact:
Missouri Municipal League
1727 Southridge Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65109